“Responding on Wednesday to a question about the U.S. accusations, Dr. Mike Ryan, executive director of the WHO’s Health Emergencies Programme, said, “In the first weeks of January, the WHO was very, very clear.””
“”We alerted the world on January the 5th,” Ryan said. “Systems around the world, including the U.S., began to activate their incident management systems on January the 6th. And through the next number of weeks, we’ve produced multiple updates to countries, including briefing multiple governments, multiple scientists around the world, on the developing situation — and that is what it was, a developing situation.””
Medicynical note: What went wrong? In previous new infectious disease outbreaks such as Lassa, Marburg, Ebola, HIV and SARS the US had a strong, if not leadership presence, in finding the outbreak and figuring the appropriate response. What was different this time?
He singlehandedly crippled the previously set up teams, in the NSC and the CDC , tasked with identifying and responding to potential epidemic situations. He also, as recently as June of 2019, removed an embedded CDC staff person from the Chinese CDC whose purpose was to observe and report on outbreaks like covid-19.
Trump blinded us to the risk and now blames everyone…….but you know who.