Here is a remarkable and yet entirely unremarkable story. The Commerce Department announced this morning that the country’s trade deficit last year was the biggest in US history. It’s $891 billion for merchandise, $621 billion when the service sector is added in, and $419 billion with China alone. Each is a record. The Post reports that the overall number tops the previous record of $838 billion in 2006, but it doesn’t seem like those numbers are adjusted for inflation or judged relative to the overall size of the economy. So possibly there should be an asterisk after biggest ever. (This Reuters article says biggest since 2008 when adjusted for inflation.) Still however you slice it, for all President Trump’s yakking and fairly disruptive trade wars, the problem has actually
- The Wrong Man at Precisely the Wrong Time……Guess Who
- Trump’s Absurd Conspiracy Theory
- The Leader of the Free World…….ISN’T
- De Vos the Poster Girl of Educational Mediocrity
- Capitalist Medicine’s Goal is Profit not Patient Care
- Guess who pays for the Trump tax cuts?
- Think he’s a Psychopath?
- Everything for sale: ethics, reputation and yes our soul
- Only in America– Hospitals suing Patients
- Failing President Honors Failed Economist