- Once each year, this quarterly report presents health insurance coverage rates for selected states. In 2011, the percentage of persons who were uninsured at the time of interview among the 32 states shown ranged from 3.9% in Massachusetts to 22.6% in Nevada.
- In 2011, 46.3 million persons of all ages (15.1%) were uninsured at the time of interview, 58.7 million (19.2%) had been uninsured for at least part of the year prior to interview, and 34.2 million (11.2%) had been uninsured for more than a year at the time of interview.
- In 2011, the percentage of children under age 18 years who were uninsured at the time of interview was 7.0%.
- Among adults aged 19–25, the percentage uninsured at the time of interview decreased from 33.9% (10 million persons) in 2010 to 27.9% (8.4 million) in 2011.
- Among adults aged 19–25, 56.2% were covered by a private plan in 2011, an increase from 2010 (51.0%).
- In 2011, 29.0% of persons under age 65 with private health insurance at the time of interview were enrolled in a high deductible health plan (HDHP), including 9.2% who were enrolled in a consumer directed health plan (CDHP). More than 50% of persons with a private plan obtained by means other than through employment were enrolled in an HDHP. An estimated 21.4% of persons with private health insurance were in a family with a flexible spending account (FSA) for medical expenses.
Medicynical Note: The positive aspects of the survey are in part due to the coverage extended to young adults (coverage through their parent’s plan) by the health reform package supported by the President and currently under review by the Supreme Court. Amazingly it and the other extensions of coverage to uninsured people will be obliterated by an adverse Supreme Court review. Only in America could this myopia be sustained!
- The Wrong Man at Precisely the Wrong Time……Guess Who
- Trump’s Absurd Conspiracy Theory
- The Leader of the Free World…….ISN’T
- De Vos the Poster Girl of Educational Mediocrity
- Capitalist Medicine’s Goal is Profit not Patient Care
- Guess who pays for the Trump tax cuts?
- Think he’s a Psychopath?
- Everything for sale: ethics, reputation and yes our soul
- Only in America– Hospitals suing Patients
- Failing President Honors Failed Economist